IMPORTANT: Please make appropriate arrangement for your transportation home following your procedure. Learn more about our Ride Home Policy.
Preparation for Procedure
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight the day before the procedure unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Your physician will review your medications and determine if any changes are needed for the day of the procedure.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. All body piercings must be removed.
- Remove all nail polish, make-up and contact lenses before you come to the Center.
- Avoid perfumes and body lotions.
- Wear casual, loose clothing. During the procedure, you will wear a patient gown provided by the Center.
- Please bring all insurance cards, picture ID, and living will (if applicable) with you on the day of procedure.
Discharge from the Center
- Arrange for transportation to and from College Heights Endoscopy Center. You will not be allowed to drive after your procedure due to the sedation given. Your driver is allowed to leave once you have checked in, however, a name and phone number where they can be reached must be provided. They will be given a time to return in order to be present for discharge instructions.
- You may not take the bus or a taxi home.
- When you arrive home wait at least 12 hours before you:
- Resume normal activities
- Drive or operate any equipment
- Drink alcoholic beverages
- You will receive other instructions at the time of your discharge.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us.